recreating a synth

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
super_serious_username

recreating a synth

Post by super_serious_username » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Hey all,
I'm new to ableton and trying to recreate the sound of the synth on Lil Mosey's "Noticed". I bought sylenth and am adjusting the knobs, but not much is having a very strong effect and I'm not really getting closer to the sound. Any pointers?? Thanks.

justanametouse

Re: recreating a synth

Post by justanametouse » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Sounds like you need an understanding of the synthesis. If you're just "adjusting the knobs" at random, the odds of you getting anywhere close to a sound in your head are small and you'll just frustrate yourself. Luckily, Sylenth is a very popular synth and there's a ton of videos to learn from online. I'd recommend taking the time to watch through this series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOt3YDUj-fQ

Remember - music production isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. It's as important to love the process as much as the result.

miyaru

Re: recreating a synth

Post by miyaru » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Sometimes you find remaking the sound your looking for on youtube. In your search criteria must be the synth you are using , as well as the song(part) your after. And you need to be patient, it is not done in 10 minutes. It's the journey that matters, and you will gain a lot of you walk the way of discovering. You will find so much more as you could ever imagine.

We all have been there in some way or the other.

You could also look for the right presets, but that is less usefull for learning how to make it.

What also could be nice is: https://www.syntorial.com/ - but that will cost you some money - but he, it's black friday LOL.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen: