Tutorials/Plugins

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
ableton_dummy

Tutorials/Plugins

Post by ableton_dummy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:28 am

I am coming from an older trial version of Ableton where I was severely limited in my capabilities. Today, finally frustrated enough with the limitations, I bought the upgrade to the Ableton 10 Standard version. Initially upon opening the program I was greeted with some tutorials. However, I was in the middle of finishing a project, and I skipped them in order to finish what I was working on. Is there a way to get to those tutorials again? I'm not very computer savvy and this is my first Mac, so everything confuses me unfortunately.

Also, I had a number of plugins for the Ableton 8 Lite I had that I have no idea how to add to my Ableton 10 library. Any and all help will be appreciated. Again, I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to this stuff, I apologize.

chrk

Re: Tutorials/Plugins

Post by chrk » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 am

ableton_dummy wrote:Is there a way to get to those tutorials again?
Menu: Help > Help View, then from the Lessons start page go to the Tour through Live. That's the introductory lesson that loads at the very first run, and you can load the demo set from there.
ableton_dummy wrote:Also, I had a number of plugins for the Ableton 8 Lite I had that I have no idea how to add to my Ableton 10 library.
What sort of plugins? VST? - Since you aparently changed from PC to Mac, you need to get their Mac installers, install from scratch and choose and activate the plugin folder in Live's File/Folder preferences.

ableton_dummy

Re: Tutorials/Plugins

Post by ableton_dummy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you, everything you suggested worked. Much appreciated my friend.