How to launch several clips in Session view with drum rack

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
razvano

How to launch several clips in Session view with drum rack

Post by razvano » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Hey there,

Is it possible to load some sort of midi device on a drum rack pad that will trigger several clips from the session view if I trigger the drumrack pad.
Something that outputs a midi-signal, that i then can reassign via the midi-map-mode?

I need this because I want to trigger several clips at once, that have a certain multichannel arrangement, not for making music, but for a theatre show...

Ideas anyone? Would be so great if somebody could help me...

TLW

Re: How to launch several clips in Session view with drum rack

Post by TLW » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm

Can MIDI mapping the clips to the computer keyboard with all the clips mapped to trigger from the same key do the job?
Live 10.1 Suite, M4L, 2014/15 MacBook Pro 15.3” Retina i7, OS Mojave 10.14.5. RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

razvano

Post by razvano » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:15 am

Unfortunately not... I‘m want to use Push, to control the show. Aim is to lauch different soundscapes via scenes, and then add different Sound-events, both Multichannel and normal one-shot-Samples via regular simpler-drumpads ...
Just would be so convenient having a 64drum-pad view on the push, and just a next-scene Button via the Enter-key.
(For live the other computer-keys a bit to unhandy)
😳

razvano

Post by razvano » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 am

Thanks for the tipp! I'll check it.

Meanwhile I figured out some workaround, using the Virtual Midi IAC-driver. I have a midi-through-tack in the session, receiving Midi from Push and sending it through to the IAC-Driver, which I than can map to any midi-mappable functions. => Now I have a 64-Pad Drumrack on the Push, with several normal 'simpler' and the Triggerbuttons for the multichannel-Events.

Greenapples2019

Post by Greenapples2019 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:38 am

Hi, the Yamaha DTX-M12 can send up to four MIDI notes per pad, and you can have the notes sent simultaneously or sequentially. So you could assign four notes to a pad and map those to four clips, and trigger them all with one hit of the pad. The DTX-M12 has 12 pads, and if that isn't enough you can set up other User kits to give you up to 4800 pads, each triggering up to four notes. I hope that helps!