How to make Ableton follow my MIDI controller movements and display parameters I'm affecting on screen?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
prprprpr

How to make Ableton follow my MIDI controller movements and display parameters I'm affecting on screen?

Post by prprprpr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Hey,

I have many Ableton parameters mapped on few MIDI controllers I use. When twisting the knob or the fader of them, would love to make Ableton jump to that screen, so I don't need a mouse. For example:

I twist my controller knob, which is mapped to reverb on the master channel when I twist it, Ableton display jumps to master channel and I can see reverb effect. Then I press the button of my controller, which starts recording LOOPER on the first channel and Ableton display jumps into channel one and I can see all looper parameters on Ableton screen.

I need this, because I have too many parameters it's easy to get confused, would love to rely on the screen.

How to do that? Is it possible?

yur2die4

Re: How to make Ableton follow my MIDI controller movements and display parameters I'm affecting on screen?

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:26 pm

You can map the knob to the bar on the top of that effect device that shows the name of the device.

That bar is for mapping so you can jump to that device. If you map a control to it, then whenever Live senses movement for that control, it’ll jump to that device.

prprprpr

Re: How to make Ableton follow my MIDI controller movements and display parameters I'm affecting on screen?

Post by prprprpr » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Thank you so much! this worked out! Stupid me!! Awesome!