Remote Script Editor Selection Matrix Mode

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Mogura Moley

Remote Script Editor Selection Matrix Mode

Post by Mogura Moley » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi Ableton community! I'm using an APC40 MkII and I'm looking for a way to select multiple clips using the matrix.

Effectively, the RGB matrix acts the same, but the matrix buttons SELECTS the respective clip rather than launches it, the same as if you were to click on clips with the mouse while holding Cmd (Mac). Holding a button assigned to 'Cmd' would be fine too. Ideally I could map a button to be 'Enter' to launch all selected clips as well.

The purpose of this is to be able to select a lot of clips then launch them all simultaneously in my own time rather than being held to the global/clip quantisation.

If anybody could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated! The closest I've found to what I'm looking for is NativeKONTROL's Arsenal_AP4 Session Mode Pack which has a 'Session Select Mode'. Unfortunately it's only available on the original APC40.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If there's a remote script available let me know. I have no experience in Python if I had to write a script myself but I'm willing to try!

Thanks.