How do I regain control of of my midi controller?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
TapeRecorder 666

How do I regain control of of my midi controller?

Post by TapeRecorder 666 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:49 pm

So I had a project set up with a drum track and a few homemade samples. I deleted the samples, so I could re do them. I hit something that I dont remember, but now every time since I did that, when I select "insert midi clips" in a lane it just goes to a piano roll, and my controller is rendered useless. Yes I am connected, everything shows up in the prefs, and it works just fine outside of the track, in a different project. I even exported the drum track to my hard drive so I could just move it to a fresh page. But when I did imported it, the same problems occurred. Piano roll, controller useless, still works, still shows up when I press a key, but it generates no audio. If I delete the drum track , the controller goes back to normal. I am completely and utterly out of ideas, someone please help.

jestermgee

Re: How do I regain control of of my midi controller?

Post by jestermgee » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm

You paint a very foggy picture...

While I am sure it makes sense to you, I have no clue about what you are saying, specifically I have no clue what:

- Your Live Version is?
- Your controller?
- What it is exactly you are having issues with.

Maybe some screen shots could help but I fear i'd have to explain how to post them since this forum does not directly allow images to be hosted so you will need to host them somewhere and post a link.

My guess is that when you re-add your drum track the view simply shows the piano roll instead of the device view at the bottom of your screen and possibly you don't have the track armed when you are trying to play your "controller"