Transposition and Mapping Issues With Ableton 10 and Arturia Keylab 61

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
mottman

Transposition and Mapping Issues With Ableton 10 and Arturia Keylab 61

Post by mottman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Hello - I am having a problem whereby in Ableton 10 Lite, using my Arturia Keylab Essential 61 controller, not all the notes on the controller will play my selected sound. It's not the controller hardware such as a stuck key, as it will play all notes of a given sound using the Arturia Analog Lab software. This only happens in Ableton.

I think it has something to do with transposition or midi mapping, but I just don't know how to fix it.
The midi mapping between Ableton and the controller is supposed to be automatic...

For example:
I can load a sound and it plays from the lowest C on my controller, up to the A, then it skips B and C, then it picks up again at D, then it is good for 2 octaves, then the A is clearing the sound from the midi track, and some random keys further up are doing things like triggering the metronome.

I have tried hitting the transposition button on the controller, for example transposing down one octave, and this fixes the problem with the lower B and C not playing, but shifts the problem further up the range.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you - Tom