Transposition and Mapping Issues With Ableton 10 and Arturia Keylab 61

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
MRLMSC

Re: Transposition and Mapping Issues With Ableton 10 and Arturia Keylab 61

Post by MRLMSC » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:57 pm

Still the same in Ableton 11 with Keylab49 Essential :cry: :cry:

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:19 am

keylbab 49 and suite 10. keys 11 and 12 and one other key do not work in ableton. One of the keys is mapped to the "undo" button on the keyboard. Switching to the input of just "keylab" did do the trick as others suggested. My pads do work for drums

Not much of a workaround because switching to just Keylab removes some of the functionality of the keyboard itself. I am unable to switch patches/presets on the keyboard I have to manually use a mouse to click on the Arturia GUI and select the patch from there. Going to try and return the keyboard.
"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."

Fraeg

Post by Fraeg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:04 am

found some info on this:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?top ... t=next#new

changing to port 2 fixed it for me
"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."

thedavydark

Post by thedavydark » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:37 pm

Same issue here in 2022. 🙁

ikheetjelle

Post by ikheetjelle » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:08 pm

If anyone is still having problems with this, this was my solution:

I went to Arturia's MIDI Control Center.
I created a new User Template under the LOCAL TEMPLATES.
I selected each pad on the image inside of MIDI Control Center, starting bottom left and assigned C1, C#1, D1, D#1, etc..

Then I selected a free User Device Momery (in my case User 10) and clicked on the 'Store To' button.

Now, each time I want to use the pads to play, I click on the USER button on the Keylab and select the User 10 Device Memory. If you leave it on that preset you don't have to do anything after clicking the USER button.
When I'm done with the pads I switch back to DAW or ANALOG LAB by clicking on one of those buttons.

I think this is a quick and easy way to get around the problem of te reversed pad order.

Ryan_DJ LOCO

Post by Ryan_DJ LOCO » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:31 pm

Ableton Live is meant to be used by musicians, audio engineers, producers, and every kind of sound/ noise enthusiast. If it’s being used by just about 99.9% of any other type of hacker your request will continue to lose attention from the acutely focused supporters. Your request will maintain relevance to the supporter however due to the hacking of specific requests for support, it will also simply be relevant and not receive support.

If you do receive support please consider yourself blessed since what I’ve described above is, to me, the problem with this software in the 21st century. Please read the user manual since the information the developers intend for us to know is there! Give yourself time to blow off some steam since this is something you really want to learn. It’s not going to come together over night, over a year, not even over ten years. Be devout like the leaders of this community and surly some good will come of it.