Syncing Warp Marker to Locator

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
WildWillyBill

Syncing Warp Marker to Locator

Post by WildWillyBill » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:14 am

Hi all,

I've spent time searching the manual/forums/Google. But maybe I'm not using the right keywords.

I'm trying to sync a recorded audio clip to a specific time in Arrangement view. In other words, I have a vocal clip and have identified a transient mark where a syllable begins, and I need to sync that to a specific MIDI drum kick. I'm not warping anything. I simply need to time sync two clips exactly.

How?? There must be an easy way without zooming in and doing trial & error dragging. The Clip View seems to be isolated from the Arrangement View, so I can't use warp markers to snap to a locator marker.

Thanks!

braduro

Re: Syncing Warp Marker to Locator

Post by braduro » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi,
If you are already in arrangement, what about creating a clip at that location marker, and then scrubbing the clip playback start location to where the transient/event is in the clip?
If it's really falling off the grid and you still want to keep it unwrapped, you could split the clip into separate clips at the transient points and then shift them separately and linearly in place (maybe warp it temporarily and make warp markers at those locations just so you can arrive at that location easily, then turn warp off the clips once they are in place)