Sudden audio clipping/dropping in Live 10

Share your Ableton Live secrets here
reveurmort

Sudden audio clipping/dropping in Live 10

Post by reveurmort » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Got an issue that's been driving me insane for the past week and nothing I've done has worked, hoping someone here can help.

I'm getting gaps, clipping, and crackles on my audio during playback. I have been using Ableton Live since around April, in that time I've constantly used the same settings (256 buffer, 48k sample rate). I've never had problems until last week. I use a lot of large sample libraries, but I've upgraded my PC to handle it (3.4 ghz base cpu, 32gb RAM).

So last week one project I'm working on begins to drop. I spend the day looking for solutions until I see that I need to update Windows. Bam, problem solved. Everything fine until today, load up a different project and I'm getting the same issues again. Also getting the issues on the previous project and other projects.

I've checked to see if there are updated drivers I'm missing for everything: Live, my plugins and VSTs, my MIDI controller, Windows, my GPU, my audio interface, disabling anti-virus. I've tried switching to other sample rates and buffers but it doesn't work with that either.

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen interface. I can provide any other specifics if needed.

If anyone has had a similar problem and could point me in the direction of a solution, I'd be eternally grateful. Thank you.

TLW

Re: Sudden audio clipping/dropping in Live 10

Post by TLW » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:51 pm

If you’ve not already done so try downloading and running latencymon.exe and see what that reports.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

reveurmort

Re: Sudden audio clipping/dropping in Live 10

Post by reveurmort » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:40 am

TLW wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:51 pm
If you’ve not already done so try downloading and running latencymon.exe and see what that reports.

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and ran LatencyMon for a half hour and it told me to check my BIOS, checked my BIOS and saw it had a recent update released, so I installed that.

Ran LatencyMon again for about an hour and got the all clear message. But when I opened Live and tried to playback audio, still experiencing the same issue.