pitching multiple clips in the same track from an external keyboards

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Ichinau

pitching multiple clips in the same track from an external keyboards

Post by Ichinau » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Hello,

I've been using Ableton live 10 Intro version since 6 months and this is the right product for my needs.
However there is one thing on which I struggle since the beginning and I can't find a solution despite my different research on the web and on this forum.
Here is the problem.
I have 2 midi clips on the same track. 1 midi clip is on scene 1 and second is on scene 2. Both contain different musical phrases of two beats length.
What I would like to do is to pitch the tune of both clips from an external midi keyboard but one or the other.
I found this tip "https://ask.audio/articles/ableton-live ... i-keyboard" which allows me to a setup a key range on my keyboard with which to transpose the clip by.
So, in the midi setup mode, I configured a range from C3-G3 on the first clip and when playing a key in this range on the keyboard, it works just fine.
However when I'm jumping on #2 scene, and If I press a key on the keyboard included in the ranged of C3-G3, it retriggers clip 1 and transpose it according to the key press and this not what I want. In fact, it superposes with clip2 which is not transposed.
What I want is to transpose Clip 2 or Clip1 but never both at the same time.
In MIDI setup mode, I tried to setup a range on top of Clip 2 but Live prevents me to add the same key range on another clip.
So my question: Is there another way to achieve a similar result? I'm lacking a little bit of experience in Live; for me what I request seems so natural that I'm quite surprised no to be able to do it in a straightforward way.
So many thanks for your tips/advices.

Ichinau