midi control selected tracks

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
abanze

midi control selected tracks

Post by abanze » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:34 am

hello,
how can i control only on the selected track: volume, returns, pan, etc.
i use the little nano key studio and want get most out of it while traveling ...
thank you, alfred

yur2die4

Re: midi control selected tracks

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:07 pm

You can make a ‘User Remote Script’. A handy tool that references some built in control surface options in Live.

Setup is a little tricky but easy once you work it out. So I suggest a video or website explaining the process.

It involves creating a folder within a specific location and putting a copy of their user remote script file inside that folder.

In that copy, you put the CC numbers of the controls on your hardware, associating those to the parameters you’d like to control.

Now the tricky part is, this is kind of designed to work across all the channels. Like 8 faders for 8 volumes. But in your case, you just have 8 knobs (I have this same controller and like it, especially on iPad).

You might have to create a special rack that has all the controls you’d like to control... and put that within each channel.

ALTERNATIVELY, there is a script called ‘Selected Track Control’ that does exactly what you want. It’s just that I have not used it in ages, so I don’t know how support is going for that. If you scroll down in this part of the forum a few pages, it’s sure to come up as it is a very long thread.

yur2die4

Re: midi control selected tracks

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:42 pm