Ableton lowers volume of backing track when i hit (f9) record button

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Mister Sloom

Ableton lowers volume of backing track when i hit (f9) record button

Post by Mister Sloom » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello

Simple questions , difficult to find the answhere.
Ive been at it for a few weeks so i figured it is time to ask other ableton users.

In my example i have 3 audio tracks arrangement view

track 1 is a backing track of a song im trying to make a guitar cover

Track 2 & 3 are mic's armed and recording.

I use keyboard shortcut F9 to start recording (because i hate using the mouse for this)
And i want to listen to the backing track while recording & playing my guitar.

But ever damn time it lowers the volume to -49.5 db on the unarmed track 1 containing the MP3 file of the song

I noticed this is called automation , and it does it on everything.

I realy annoys the crap out of me xD i just want to hit spacebar to stop the track and hit F9 to record , and do this as many times as i please.
With this automation enabled it resets the volume of all my tracks, and i dont understand. I want to be in control > how do i disable automation ?

Any advice is appriciated , i have a midi device called the Akai APCmini but unpluggin this didnt help :?:

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Ableton lowers volume of backing track when i hit (f9) record button

Post by [jur] » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:29 pm

You can either:
- go into automation mode (press "A") in L10/L11, select the automation and delete it.
- or go to your track's volume parameter (or any automated parameter - they do display a small circle when they are automated), and right click it to select "delete automation" (you can also press shift+backspace once the parameter is selected).
Ableton Forum Moderator