Live Lite hangs at Start

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
kmarjo

Live Lite hangs at Start

Post by kmarjo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:39 pm

I've just managed to solve a problem with Live Lite hanging when started and this may be a solution for others rather than the reset process listed in "Help" that wasn't any help. I tried various other approaches to the problem including uninstalling / reinstalling, using third party software to clean/analyse my computer which nearly cost me a great deal of cash until I stumbled across a solution on the web which worked. I'm running a PC with Windows 10 and am using a Tascam Series 102i audio interface. I then acquired an Arturia keystep 37 so I thought I'd give the bundled Abletona try. Couldn't get it to run after the first start when it asked me to select driver type so when I tried to select Asio it crashed and wouldn't start again. I went through all of the above attempts to solve this until eventually I found a post that suggested www.Asio4all.org. Free download and an installation later and Bingo!, hours of frettin and sweating over and problem solved. Hope this is of use to someone.