Add custom folder to default new project structure

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
c0r3dump

Add custom folder to default new project structure

Post by c0r3dump » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:42 am

Hi, everyone! I'm just wondering, if there any way to make ableton live 11 create folder named "Audio" (or any other with custom names) in the default structure. Maybe there is default project structure stored somewhere? I'm talking about folder structure, not default set template, i.e. that folder structure which will be created when you trying to save new set into new project. Maybe it's just copied from somewhere else, where I can add my own folder, and it will be copied every time? I'm just getting tired of always creating this folder for bounced audio for my sketches every time, i want to opt out one step. Thanks.

Angstrom

Re: Add custom folder to default new project structure

Post by Angstrom » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 am

I am not sure if there's a prototype set somewhere.

But for "Audio" specifically - if there are samples which I want to save manually into the set I just put them in the Current Project/Samples folder which is auto-created.

Look under Places : Current Project
If you have a project open there will be the subfolders "Backup" and "Samples"

For other, different, custom folder auto-generation, I've no idea.

c0r3dump

Re: Add custom folder to default new project structure

Post by c0r3dump » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:35 am

Thanks. I understand your idea, but putting bounced audio with my samples doesn't suite my goals, and will kinda break the workflow, but thanks for this suggestion. Maybe there some scripting inside ableton, something like trigger "on save" - and it's possibly to create a folder there?