Switch Lock Control via Midi Controller

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
heyfrankyboy

Switch Lock Control via Midi Controller

Post by heyfrankyboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 am

I am sorry if this question has been posted before. I am new to Ableton Live and hope someone can help me.

I own a Novation Launchkey Mini mk3 and work with Ableton Live 10 Lite on a MacBook Air M1 with Big Sur.

I am trying to switch control in the bottom "detail view" where the audio effects and instruments reside with my midi controller. Is there an easy way to move the blue hand symbol from one effect to another in the same row? Just like I can switch through the sessions with shift + </> on my novation I'd love to be able to map some pads or knobs on my midi controller to switch control to the effect/instrument on the left or right from the currently controlled.

Alternatively, is there any computer keyboard shortcut to set the blue hand control on the currently selected effect? I only seem to be able to right click and select the "Lock to control surface" option with the mouse.

Greenapples2019

Re: Switch Lock Control via Midi Controller

Post by Greenapples2019 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi, have a look at ClyphX Pro, it gives you loads of flexibility over controlling Ableton, including what you're looking to do.