MIDI Remote Scripts for iCon Platform M+ / Platform D2

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Yaman29

MIDI Remote Scripts for iCon Platform M+ / Platform D2

Post by Yaman29 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am

I have modified the Mackie Control MIDI remote scripts for Ableton Live 11 for iCon Platform M+ with Platform D2.
You can use the scripts also with iCon Platform M+ without Platform D2 but without it the Assignment function makes no sense.

New functions:

Press Jog = Press the Jog Dial button and hold it down and then press the knobs (see image).

Assignment I/O: You can switch between the entries (Input Main, Input Sub, Output Main, Output Sub) with Press Jog and Knob 1 ( Assignment I/O)

Assignment Plug Ins: After selecting the Plug Ins assignment you can release the Jog Dial button and use the the corresponding button to select the Plug In. You see the first 8 parameters of the Plug In and you can change the parameters with the knobs. If the Plug In has more than 8 parameters, you can switch with  Press Jog and Knob 6 ( Plug In Parameter >>) to the next 8 parameters and so on. Backwards with Press Jog and Knob 5 ( Plug In Parameter <<).

Plus: Now you can also select a track beyond the bank when using the mouse or keyboard. No need for the bank buttons.

How to install:

1. Download the file Platform_M.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/khvb2azfarwhu ... M.zip?dl=0

2. Manually create a folder called “Remote Scripts” within your User Library (if not yet present).

The default User Library location:
Windows: \Users\[username]\Documents\Ableton\User Library
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Music/Ableton/User Library

3. Place the unzipped remote script folder Platform_M into the "Remote Scripts" folder you just created.
4. Launch Ableton Live.
5. Open Live's Preferences → MIDI tab.
6. Browse for the name of the remote script in the Control Surface dropdown.
7. Assign the correct input and output ports.

Yaman29

Re: MIDI Remote Scripts for iCon Platform M+ / Platform D2

Post by Yaman29 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:44 pm

I have updated and extended the MIDI Remote Scripts for iCon Platform M+/Platform D2.
  • Optimized button/function assignments.
  • New time mode to view the position (bars, beats...) and SMPTE.
  • New master fader assignment: Master volume or Cue volume.
  • New function to show which assignment is currently active (also for master fader).
  • New zoom button to trigger clips and scenes in session view.
  • Pressing the Jog Dial Button you can exclusive Arm and Solo tracks.
  • Buttons for Metronome, Follow Song, Draw, Undo, Redo
See the manual for all changes. You can download the scripts and the manual here:

https://github.com/YamanCool/Ableton_Li ... cripts.git

You can use the scripts also only with iCon Platform M+ (without Platform D2), but without it the assignment functions for the display make no sense.

AbuAbu

Post by AbuAbu » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:35 am

Hi there, thanks for your great idea with the remote scripts, but unfortunately it´s not working with my Ableton Live. : /

I´ve unzipped the folder Platform_M, copied it in the User Library (the entire folder, not i´s content)
But when i search for Platform_M in the MIDI setup tab it doesn´t show "Platform_M", only Mackie Control like before.

I still have Live Suite 10, could this be a reason?

I would be very grateful for any help or idea,

thanks in advance with best regards
Andreas

Yaman29

Post by Yaman29 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:07 am

The default User Library location:
Windows: \Users\[username]\Documents\Ableton\User Library
Mac: Macintosh HD/Users/[username]/Music/Ableton/User Library

s44j4n

Post by s44j4n » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:16 pm

Great script man. Really useful. I wouldn't have got an icon platform if this script didn't exist.

Two issues:

1. There are some issues with the plugin parameters. Some of the parameters are missing on the screen. So far I have noticed that 'fade in', 'fade out', 'transpose' are missing in simpler in both one-shot and slice modes. These are really useful for sampling, changing pitch etc with one hand and playing a note with the other.

The good news is that I think it is an easy fix.

I had this issue with some other controllers when running them with a Mackie Control script or a script which relies on Mackie Control, as this one does. The solution was to instead use Mackie Control Classic. Once this is done all of the parameters can be accessed easily. I am not sure why Mackie Control doesn't allow all parameters to be controlled.

2. Shift, alt, ctrl functions don't seem to be working. The jog wheel + metronome, follow, draw, undo and redo all work though, just not the other three. When I try and implement the shift alt or ctrl functions in the third column of the manual, or elsewhere in the manual e.g. page 2, the function is just the jog wheel + whatever button it is. Please let me know if I have misunderstood something here.

Thank you

Yaman29

Post by Yaman29 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:41 pm

s44j4n wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:16 pm
Great script man. Really useful. I wouldn't have got an icon platform if this script didn't exist.
Thank you.
s44j4n wrote:
There are some issues with the plugin parameters. Some of the parameters are missing on the screen. So far I have noticed that 'fade in', 'fade out', 'transpose' are missing in simpler in both one-shot and slice modes. These are really useful for sampling, changing pitch etc with one hand and playing a note with the other.
There were many bugs in the Mackie Control scripts. Ableton has fixed some in the latest release.
s44j4n wrote:
Shift, alt, ctrl functions don't seem to be working. The jog wheel + metronome, follow, draw, undo and redo all work though, just not the other three. When I try and implement the shift alt or ctrl functions in the third column of the manual, or elsewhere in the manual e.g. page 2, the function is just the jog wheel + whatever button it is. Please let me know if I have misunderstood something here.
You have to hold the Shift button (Sel 4) and then you can push the other button.

bernhard-moritz

Post by bernhard-moritz » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Hey guys also want to use it .. but i dont have the D2 and i can use my encoders for panning only with the fader via the flip funk. Dont know what knob is the shift function to Pan via the 3 encoder like it the discptionn . Do you have a .imap custom templet or how does it works ? thanks alot

mr_robotron

Post by mr_robotron » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Yes, this is very cool. And I commend you for making it. Just today I was thinking "why is there no punch in on the platform M?"
But I see one problem. The tempo change using Jog wheel while pressed in. This can very easily happen by accident while doing a punch in or other macro. Halfway through a song I may realize that I changed the tempo without wanting to. Is there any way to remove this feature or make it harder to accidentally do?

mr_robotron

Post by mr_robotron » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:39 am

I think I fixed it. No need to respond.

And I should also say that this is really brilliant.