How to move Insert Marker position to current location

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
UKMark

How to move Insert Marker position to current location

Post by UKMark » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Hi
Is there a keystroke to make the Insert marker (little blue triangle) move to the current play head position when playback is stopped. The marker (blue triangle) stays in the place where playback started and so after stopping playback, pressing previous or next marker makes the cursor jump to the previous/next marker relative to where playback was started. NOT relative to where playback has been stopped.
I am in Arrangement view by the way.
For example.
If I have a marker at bar 2, 5 and 10.
My insert marker (blue triangle) is at bar 3. I press play. I then press stop when the playback reaches bar 7. I would expect that if I press Next Marker button, the playback will jump to bar 10. But it does not. It goes to the next marker relative to where playback started. So the play head jumps to bar 5. The Next marker has actually moved backwards from where I currently am!!
This happens when playback is stopped.
If you press Previous or Next whilst playing it works as expected.

So

Is there a keystroke that will make the insert marker move to the current location when playback is stopped.

Better still, is there a way to midi map that?

I realise that Shift-Space bar will re-start playback from current location. But that is not what I need. I need for movement to previous or next marker to be relative to current position when stoped.

Hope you can help
Thanks
Mark

cherryblossom

Re: How to move Insert Marker position to current location

Post by cherryblossom » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:57 pm

I would like to know the answer to this as well: how to move insert marker position to current playhead position (e.g. when pausing playback, move insert marker to where the playhead is paused)

cellicello

Re: How to move Insert Marker position to current location

Post by cellicello » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

Same here.