MIDI Map to Scene Number

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
thesethneal

MIDI Map to Scene Number

Post by thesethneal » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm pretty new to Ableton and use it for very simple purposes of click, guide, and pad. I am trying to figure out if it's possible to MIDI map to a scene NUMBER instead of a scene. When I drag and drop scenes, I would like for the MIDI signal to stay the same for the scene number that scene was originally assigned to. I am only using Intro because I don't use it very heavily, and I am using a Morningstar MC8 MIDI controller which works wonderfully for how I use Ableton. Thanks in advance for any help!

thesethneal

Re: MIDI Map to Scene Number

Post by thesethneal » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm

And to add to this, I would also be happy to figure out if there's a way to simply select a scene number, as I can then use other MIDI messages to launch whatever scene is selected.

pottering

Post by pottering » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:41 pm

In Key/MIDI Map Mode there are extra buttons in Session View for Relative Session View Navigation.

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/midi- ... navigation
♥♥♥

DunedinDragon

Post by DunedinDragon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 am

I have a similar setup with an MC8 controller. What I do is assign a keystroke to launch each scene slot. So Scene 1 has the key '1' assigned to the play button and so on for Scene 2, 3, 4 etc. I then simply assign a key to a button press on the MC8 so '1' would launch Scene 1. The MC8 is connected via USB to the computer so the keypress is seen by Ableton as a local keypress. Works perfectly.