Found a bug in the Frequency Shifter plugin

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
illimay

Found a bug in the Frequency Shifter plugin

Post by illimay » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:38 pm

Objective:
I'm trying to achieve a gradually pitch shifting snare roll.

Issue:
Transients of said sample gets attenuated (killed) when when automating the frequency shift dial. For example, snare samples sound like I lowered the attack on it.

Even when I start out at 0 value (on the frequency shift dial) and the dial starts to move AFTER the transient, it kills the transient.
But this happens when I play the sample before the sample clip's beginning. So, when I play, say, a bar before the sample clip starts, the transient will be killed. But when I play it right from the beginning of the clip, the transient is preserved.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Found a bug in the Frequency Shifter plugin

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I don't think this is a bug, but rather a consequence of Live's automations lines not being visually latency compensated.
Ableton Forum Moderator

illimay

Post by illimay » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:19 am

[jur] wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:41 pm
I don't think this is a bug, but rather a consequence of Live's automations lines not being visually latency compensated.
then they should fix that then since the visual representation and/or timing is completely wrong

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:53 pm

Well, that's for sure a long-standing request and it will enventually happen at some point, but for the time being we have to deal with this.
Ableton Forum Moderator