midi controller LED

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
v0id_scuy

midi controller LED

Post by v0id_scuy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 am

I mapped my midi note controller (AKAI MIDIMIX).
The midi value could send to live and it worked .
But midi controller LED dosenot change , it be keeping light .
How can i set LED on , off according mapped live value ?

For example , map to Mute button , if not mute = Led on , if on mute = led off .

GgggA

Re: midi controller LED

Post by GgggA » Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:47 pm

Bump... anyone knows how the Midimix can have the LED lights turn on and off as you press them? This is for when you assign your own CC Midi messages to each button on Ableton Live (so not the default ones from Midimix, as the LED lights seem to work fine when you use the default buttons)

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:52 am

I'm generalising but that;'s not a feature of direct midi mapping, I would be guessing at the reason but I feel the fact that you could map that button to a dozen different things in Live would make the feedback a bit of a nonsense.

You could build a maxforlive dev ice that would observe the parameters that you are mapped to and then place this on a midi track to output midi messages for the lighting to your controller...

Or you could go down the control surface route which has this feature inbuilt.

Remotify offer a service whereby you can use their editor to create your own script anyway that you want it to be, or if you want an off the shelf solution then our MIDIMIX XL script provides the majority of functionality that people have asked for in the past... https://youtu.be/-STI-cWyzng

Cheers
D

GgggA

Post by GgggA » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:18 am

S4racen wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:52 am
I'm generalising but that;'s not a feature of direct midi mapping, I would be guessing at the reason but I feel the fact that you could map that button to a dozen different things in Live would make the feedback a bit of a nonsense.

You could build a maxforlive dev ice that would observe the parameters that you are mapped to and then place this on a midi track to output midi messages for the lighting to your controller...

Or you could go down the control surface route which has this feature inbuilt.

Remotify offer a service whereby you can use their editor to create your own script anyway that you want it to be, or if you want an off the shelf solution then our MIDIMIX XL script provides the majority of functionality that people have asked for in the past... https://youtu.be/-STI-cWyzng

Cheers
D
Thanks, your post was very useful.

After doing a lot of research I think the best way forward for me is to use the MIDIMIX XL script. I needed to control 3 sends per channel with the additional LED light displays. Also I'm now able to select more than 3 sends by using the bank buttons so that's a bonus. Thanks for your help.