Looking for Android app

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
StudioBB

Looking for Android app

Post by StudioBB » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:05 pm

Hello!

I'm looking for and Android app that listens to OSC messages over wifi and plays samples/sound on the phone on OSC request.

Anyone knows an app that can do this?

StudioBB

Re: Looking for Android app

Post by StudioBB » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am

I should be more precise.

I am looking for a technical solution to simultaneously launch a clip (which is a song) in Live and the same song on a phone. This song should be played by the phone itself and the song should be launched on the phone wirelessly, without any action on the phone.

The effect I'm trying to build is: the song begins on a phone, and then fades in by the PA.

I was thinking of OSC because this works wirelessly but I don't find any android application that can be controlled by OSC. Or maybe is there an android app that can sync to Ableton Link?

Or anyone has another idea ?
Thanks!

sinosoidal

Re: Looking for Android app

Post by sinosoidal » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:52 am

StudioBB wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:52 am
I should be more precise.

I am looking for a technical solution to simultaneously launch a clip (which is a song) in Live and the same song on a phone. This song should be played by the phone itself and the song should be launched on the phone wirelessly, without any action on the phone.

The effect I'm trying to build is: the song begins on a phone, and then fades in by the PA.

I was thinking of OSC because this works wirelessly but I don't find any android application that can be controlled by OSC. Or maybe is there an android app that can sync to Ableton Link?

Or anyone has another idea ?
Thanks!
I was wondering why don't you take the audio out of Ableton while you play the song. Why do you need to have the song playing on your phone if you are already playing it on Ableton Live? It is not the same song? There isn't enough cable?