How to freeze and flatten group tracks ! (found on r/ableton)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Erdbenutzer

How to freeze and flatten group tracks ! (found on r/ableton)

Post by Erdbenutzer » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:53 pm

Hey,

i found a trick, that could possibly be a huge workflow enhancement for you, maybe you want to give it a try.
I just stumbled upon a situation where i really couldve used that function, and realized that there actually is no way of doing it,
other then resampling. Which can be not what you want at certain points. So yeah, why not giving this one a try.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are the steps to do :

1. Create a Midi track

2. Add a side chain compressor to that track and route it to the group you're trying to freeze & flatten

3. Click on the headphone button that allows you to hear side chained group

4. Add a midi clip covering the section that you want to freeze

5. Freeze the track and flatten it

________________________________________________________________________________________
And here is the original source from the kind human being that initially shared that great workaround :

-> https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... n_ableton/

Didnt get that much attention. But hey, maybe it does now. All the credits go to the original post.

Maybe it becomes a actual feature some day. With one or two options how it freezes / flattens.
But till that maybe never occuring day. Why not flow with this nice trick :)

Have a good one !