Programming the knobs for use in impulse.....

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
pstizzi

Programming the knobs for use in impulse.....

Post by pstizzi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:09 pm

hello all...im having some problems tryingto figure out how to program my knobs for volume in impulse....this is my first midi setup....never messed with midi before....so your patience and time is much appreciated....so i guess my question is....how do i program the 8 knobs for volume control on each one of the 8 sounds in the kit?...also how do i have multiple sounds assigned to pads?....for example....drums on pads 1-8...loops and such on 9-16.....and how do i lock the pad?......i have read the manuals tutorials and have searched and searched....i cant seem to find what im looking for......all help is appreciated with K+....thank you...p.....

boyinabox

MIdi Set up

Post by boyinabox » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:14 pm

Hello Set up a session with all instruments etc in as you like then i would recomend saveing this as a set for further refence. Pres Apple + m control + m on PC this will turn everything blue that is assiagnable to midi then click on anything that you want to assign then turn the knob or push the slider this will asign the midi to the function in Live. its in the manual somewhere. as for triggering loops i am not sure might be in the clip editor this will be more specific as you may have different clips in at anyone time but this is a faily quick and easy process so once its done its dome.

hope that helps again if you read the manual it will probably go over this in more detail.
"If you going to shoot, shoot! dont talk" cicco - the good the bad and the ugly.

pstizzi

thanks man.............

Post by pstizzi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:21 pm

thanks b..i got that...dope....but when i assign pad nine to play a rhodes chord why does it sound also on the drums i have on pads 1-9?....do you know what im sayin?....thanks..p