How to rewire live into logic?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Schmidi

How to rewire live into logic?

Post by Schmidi » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:36 pm

ok, I DID search, but wasn't able to really find a step by step on how this is done. (yes its a noob question, but I'm a noob to rewire so I'll ask)

The goal is:
To have live on a mixer channel in logic
To sync both progs midi clock (whichever master/slave config works)
To record both logic and Live's output realtime (I assume in Logic)

Bear in mind I've never rewired anything...so get basic on me.
Thanks.

datagroove

Post by datagroove » Sun Feb 16, 2003 4:42 am

open logic first then live
make sure live is in rewire mode (by going into the setup window and looking under the audio tab-it should say in rewire mode_)

now in logic you have to set up two audio tracks to receive from those rewire channels..(at first deal with 2 audio channels master L and master r but you can have more)

you do this by either having two tracks in logics arrange already or creating two and then do the following to each one of those:

click the track in logic while in the arrange page, then look at the parameters on the left and drop down the cha parameters: from the drop down list chose: instrument->others-> mix L (should be the top one) then do this again for the other track but choose mix R...

pan your mix L track to the left and mix r to the right. that is it, what ever comes from your master out of live will stream into logic. Don’t forget to press play in logic ast that is the master….Everything is beautiful, syncing, cycling... have fun (oh and if you also have reason installed you will notice 2 sets of rewire channels in logic, the top set is for live)

datagroove

Schmidi

right on

Post by Schmidi » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:42 pm

Thanks Datagroove, sure appreciate it.

songsclp

so--Live can be Rewire Slave??

Post by songsclp » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:34 pm

Just clarifying...in the above post for using Logic + Live via Rewire--Live is set up at the Rewire slave???

Is that a new feature for 2.0.2???

Does that mean Live can finally be a Rewire slave for Reason???

thanks,
Charles

drongo

is the above true for logic5.5 on osx?

Post by drongo » Sun May 04, 2003 10:55 pm

i can never see the options wihtin logic or live to use rewire functinality.