Free PC joystick>MIDI utility

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mikemc

Post by mikemc » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:25 pm

heya, daniel, thanks for the link! I will check this out right away-- I use one instance of rejoice right now for my P5 glove and another for my joystick, it works fine but I really like the idea of a plugin for this as opposed to running another app for the joystick. (Plogue works for hid to midi too, but it's a little bit overkill for just that).

Any chance there will be P5 glove support also?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

palomo

Post by palomo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:15 am

i hav'nt many info anout the p5 glove but if it send informations like other game controler it should work with joystickctrl

I used up to 3 instances of joystickctrl with 3 differents controlers in the same song
I have use it in particular with a whireless usb saitek joystick, with a steering wheel and a ps2 dansmat (with a ps2 to usb adapter)... maybe it works with the p5 glove, let me know

epiphanius

Post by epiphanius » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:27 am

Well, after several false starts I did in fact get to control the AB fader via my joystick, and even got the buttons to work. All thanks to :

joystickctrl.

I am a happier man because of it.

Merci Beaucoups, for the help, and for the vst itself.

e.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:27 am

trying joystickctrl and getting "serious program error" msgs when I load the vst and when I attempt to change the deadzone %. Any idea why?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:13 am

Thanks for bumping this.

I'm running the app, it shows my joystick's x-y position at the very top left but nothing is showing on the activity lights and the joystick isn't in the drop down menu. I can run my BCR through it, but...

The joystick is a Logitech extreme Pro 3-d, a few years old. It was cool to drag it out.

I'll try Rejoice, gonna be weird to search for.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:24 am

joystickctrl looks to be working. From my all of 2 minutes of tweaking on it I can't seem to get the negative X/Y axis to work. Either way, pretty cool.

Rejoice looks like the winner, best interface, most detail, no glitchy controls. More playing, less posting.

baltazar

Joystick

Post by baltazar » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:15 am

Any tips for good Joysticks ? It looks that all i made for games and i am not sure which one is goo for use with ableton.
THX

Sonarcade

Post by Sonarcade » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:13 am

would anyone mind attaching or sending me a copy of Rejoice, seeing as the site's now dead? Thanks a bunch.
http://www.myspace.com/anschauung

Dell Inspiron 7520, Ipad 2

Veinos

Post by Veinos » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Hey, i've being trying to use my joystick as a midi controller for a while too! i haven't find any program that worked more than once for me...
I'd like to try rejoice too, but i can't find it anywhere, could someone send it to my email? Veinoss@hotmail.com. would be very appreciated.

thanks

btw: can i use joystickctrl with traktor dj?? if so, how?

creepjoint

Post by creepjoint » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:21 pm

http://www.codevis.com/

they have a joystick to midi controller

ALSO a joystick to mouse pointer....VERY cool for Live users

Windows only :P