Native Switching from Reason to Live using Korg MicroK.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Spav

Native Switching from Reason to Live using Korg MicroK.

Post by Spav » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:32 pm

Hey Guys,

Hope someone can help... I read a similar thread earlier but there wasn't an answer (& this was giving me a serious ball ache yesterday).

I very recently upgraded to Reason v3 (which has wicked native support) but does anyone know how I switch from native mode in Reason (slave) to Live (master) and then back again?

Basically, I know how to exit Reason in native mode, but do you know I re-enter it again?

Thanks in-advance for your help!

Cheers!
iBook G4, OSX10.4.4, Reason v3, Live 5.01, Korg MicroKONTROL

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:12 pm

I would love to answer but dont have a clue what you mean? Live has to be rewire master but as for native your already using a native system.

Spav

Post by Spav » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:47 pm

Cheers MP for offering to help...

It might be me confusing things... some of this shit is new to me, so have some mercy! ;)

What I mean is, when I'm running Reason 3 and Live 5 together, Reason is my slave, and Live is the master.

Say, for example, I'm playing/trying different things in Reason using my MicroKontroller, and it's playing nicely into my Live clip.

With Reason 3 it automatically picks up wherever i am in the application; wherever i move, it follows me (which is sweet!). This is what I understood to be 'native' support (i.e. no need to make any midi settings; it's already done for you).

What I need to know is, how I get out of 'native' mode in Reason 3, switch scenes to Live, and then switch back into 'native' mode in Reason 3 again?

In Reason v2.5, it's just a case of hitting scene > no.pad, and you instantly switch apps. It's not the same with v3.

Hope this makes things clearer... It's almost 5am here and I'm getting very tired!

Cheers again...
iBook G4, OSX10.4.4, Reason v3, Live 5.01, Korg MicroKONTROL

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:08 am

I sold my mK already but if I remember right you have to press all the 4 buttons in the middle, to get back just rescan in Reason