closing a project - 'do you wish to remove samples' message?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
aeon

closing a project - 'do you wish to remove samples' message?

Post by aeon » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:55 pm

hi all,

i had a search but it seems 'remove', 'samples' and 'message' are quite common terms! so apologies in advance if this has been posted before, and apologies again if it's in the manual...

i'm just wondering if there's a way to turn off the 'do you wish to remove samples? please consider they may be used by other sets' etc. message which comes up when you close a project...

the reason i ask is that sometimes i've accidentally clicked 'yes' and had to restore samples from the trash, and i'm worried one day i'll do it without realising and empty my trash unknowingly!

any help muchly appreciated :)

-aeon-
digitally yours

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 pm

its only asking about unused samples though.

for example, lets say you start a song. you record some audio on track 1, then you don't like it so you delete it (or hit undo) do another take.

that first take is still recorded, but live knows you don't have it loaded on any clip slots.

most of the time it shouldn't be something you will end up needing later.

when i close or switch a live set i just hit cmd+S, cmd+O, cmd+N real quick.
cmd+S saves the live set
cmd+O to open another live set or cmd+Q to quit live
cmd+N (if that dialog about the unused samples comes up, cmd+N is like hitting No)

if you do cmd+O to bring up the open live set window, don't hit cmd+N unless the unused samples comes up, otherwise you will be creating a new folder.
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine