Mouseless DJ/PA Templates Galore! 2-8 channels + mic

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
The Phat Conductor

Re: Mouseless DJ/PA Templates Galore! 2-8 channels + mic

Post by The Phat Conductor » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:09 pm

oh...

i see.

i usually just dupe clips to fill the bottom slots if there are leftovers.

before that i programmed a delete action into the 'map' button on the mouseless setup, but i don't use the mouseless stuff anymore becauses it confuses the crowd to see you touching the midi controller in a non-musical way.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:57 pm

ah! You had a delete action! And you duplicate the clips - so you fill all the slots. But not in a live situation surely? (hope you don't mind me calling you shirley).

Apart from the crowd confusion you mention (did they try and dance to the rhythm of your copy and pasting?) I can't really see the difference the use of a controller or mouse makes, as dragging has the same effect - in a nutshell if you don't have more or the same amount of clips in a subsequent set then there will be some left over.

I think I might have a go at your delete action, if the crowd try and dance to it then so be it.

thanks greatly :D

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 pm

hahaha...

you can call me shirley anytime homey.

let me know how that works out for you.

i'm always happy to help :D

d

Stab Master Arson

Post by Stab Master Arson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

I have an APC40 on the way, I can't wait to try it out, and was thinking your templates would probaby be a good way to get my feet wet and then like you said mash em up from there. I see that you recommend trigger finger, am I going to have any issues using it with the APC?

Also, is there a PC version of this yet? Forgive me if it says on page 5 or something somewhere, I just jumped from page 1 to 12...

Also I am definetly going to get your guide to music production I've heard great things. Are you going to be in Vancouver anytime soon? A few buddies and I would be really pumped to get a little training session with you, your prices seem very reasonable. 3, 4, 5 hours whatever you have available.

P.s. your show at RedGate last year in the basement blew my mind. It was instrumental in getting me into this shit. keep up the great work..

P.P.S. you going to do another renegade dub pirate ship at Nuit Blance again? hahaha wish I coulda been there, i used to live right around the corner jarvis/dundas

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:16 pm

stab master arson! lol CB4 in da PLACE!!!

the tempaltes do work for PC, and many people have adapted them for the apc 40.

not sure when i'll be back in vancouver. probably as a part of the album tour in the early summer 2011. will most likely do a workshop as well. i'll keep you posted.

<3

d

The Phat Conductor

About to Release an Update and Need Your HELP!

Post by The Phat Conductor » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

...i need non-trigger finger templates sent back so that i can make the new one universal.

If you could please send any non-trigger finger versions of the template to thephatconductor at gee male it would be rad. i'll give you presents!

<3

d