how to record from a vst in ableton 5?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Fhlouz

how to record from a vst in ableton 5?

Post by Fhlouz » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:06 am

see the screenshot, i have loaded a synth VST how can i record from there? so that i push the synth key and it records it to the track?

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2dg5.jpg

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:06 pm

I dont know the questions a tough one. Maybe someone else can help as I need to work this out to.
HA HA HA :twisted:

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:45 pm

the midi which is feeding the instrument can be recorded right onto the track you're currently using.

after doing that, you can freeze the track, which should generate an audio version of it.

or, you can use an audio track, and set it to recieve the output of the midi track. you should be able to do that by either: setting the output of the midi track to go to the audio track, or, setting the input of the audio track to recieve from the midi track. hope that is not too confusing

you do not have to create an audio track of the instrument, but there will be an advantage in your cpu usage if you do. depending on the synth, it could be quite significant.

protptype350

Re: how to record from a vst in ableton 5?

Post by protptype350 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:02 am

i am freezing the track, but it's playing the synth sound as if the synth is playing through a different part of the same sequence, so i'm getting the end instead of the beginning, or middle instead of the end. it's driving me nuts.

jamitjames

Re: how to record from a vst in ableton 5?

Post by jamitjames » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:27 pm

This question is getting posts years apart!

I'm actually having the same issue. Using Dune 2 and Jupiter 8 VSTs. I am trying everything in the above posts, but it's not working.

I'm hitting record, choosing Dune 2 (for example) as the MIDI input on the pull-down menu, but nothing is happening. I've tried freezing the track as well.

Thx in advance