Any way to move entire scenes between live sets?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mortalengines

Any way to move entire scenes between live sets?

Post by mortalengines » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:02 am

Just wondering if there is any way to move entire scenes (or groups) between live sets. I often start with some monkeying around with a new file & then find myself completely resequencing the track when I want to add it to my "live" set for playing out. There's gotta be an easier way. Also is there any way to select & move entire groups of scenes to cut or move around within a live set?

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:44 pm

yes

drag the scene to the browser. in live 6 it will be saved as a project folder, in which will be an .als file with the scene number.

then you can drag this into other sets

mortalengines

Post by mortalengines » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:51 am

Cool I'll try this today...I hope that this ability is not restricted to Live 6 as I am still using Live 5.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:13 am

i think it will work very similarly -

strike what i said about the project folder - that's live 6 - but the collection of clips which comprise the scene should still get saved as an .als file

Sphinxter

Post by Sphinxter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:18 am

If it doesn't work in Live 5, you can always select what you want to transfer and 'copy' it. Then open the new session and 'paste'.

I used to do that until I found out about the drag and drop into browser. Thanks longjohns :D