Live 6: first recorded loop sets tempo?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Josephy

Live 6: first recorded loop sets tempo?

Post by Josephy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 pm

Everyone,

I know that Live 6 has touted its expanded live looping capabilities. I was wondering if anybody who's bought Live 6 or checked out the demo has noted a way to have the first recorded loop set the tempo, based on the quantization (for instance, if I have it set to two bars, it adjusts the beats per minute based on the assumption that the first loop I played was two full bars of playing). I haven't yet found or noticed any mention of that feature. Does it exist? Cheers! Have a terrific day.

Best wishes,
Joseph

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:32 pm

there IS a thread on which someone was trying to make this happen, but it would probably be difficult to find.

definitely not a built-in feature. not sure if it's even possible

jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:01 pm

I'm starting to experiment with this myself. I was just reading about warp master/slave (page 114 of the english manual). Using a clip in arrangement view, you have the option of using the beat information of that clip as the master clock for all other clips. So I'll try recording a loop here, and see if it can become the master of the system.

Anyone else already use this method? (too many loop threads going on!)

Josephy

Post by Josephy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:19 pm

Nice catch, JK! I haven't reached that far into the manual. Please report back, and thank you for the heads-up.