transpose automation

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
yulpz

transpose automation

Post by yulpz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:04 am

I was doing transpose automation on some clips in live5, I can't seem to get it done on 6, anyone got a tip for this? I hit the record button and move the transpose knob, the same way I did in 5... weird huh?

dr.wackler

Re: transpose automation

Post by dr.wackler » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:44 pm

yulpz wrote:I was doing transpose automation on some clips in live5, I can't seem to get it done on 6, anyone got a tip for this? I hit the record button and move the transpose knob, the same way I did in 5... weird huh?
Sure you are recording the clip from Session into Arrange while trying to automate? Because that's the only way to do it (and was in Live5 as well).

You can not play a clip from Arrange and automate/record the clip parameters, you have to record the clip from Session into Arrange at the same time. Live will then create new clips in Arrange at about min. 16th resolution, where each clip statically reflects the parameter changes at that point in time.

yulpz

Post by yulpz » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:36 pm

Great, thanks, that's one way around.

I went back to my older sessions and figured I was not recording transpose-knob movements, my mind's playing tricks on me now. But what I was doing is messing with the transpose envelope in the Clip View window, that you CAN do, resulting in Transpose-Automation within the arrangement view. Preety cool.