All times are UTC

Post subject: Using Ableton on stage workflow
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:09 am 

Hello, I am new to ableton. I am an experienced Cubase/Nuendo user, and i have recently started to use Live for gigs.

I have only one question. I want to do concerts without having any audio or midi-data prepared. (Only empty tracks)
So far i have been using a Launchpad, Motif XF and Novation 49SL as controllers. Its working OK at the moment.

This is what i wanna do;

I want to be able to press anywhere on the launchPAD to start record on a given track without arming the track. (to save the amount of buttons i have to push)
Its like recording a vocal loop first and then vocals and a miditrack on the next round with only pushing stop on the first loop and pushing the two next buttons to record the next loop.
Is this possible or do I have to arm each track every time? I know that you can arm more tracks at the same time, but that wont do the trick for me.

If there are any other workarounds i would be happy to know.

Thank you

-Jay

Post subject: Re: Using Ableton on stage workflow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:35 pm 

Late reaction, but oh well..

SeymourJ wrote:
I want to be able to press anywhere on the launchPAD to start record on a given track without arming the track. (to save the amount of buttons i have to push)

I can only come up with 2 options... Set up a liveset which has all the tracks you plan on using armed, you could even consider setting this up as the default set so that you'll end up with all your tracks armed every time you start Live. This would make sure that every clip you fire will record, and the moment you re-launch a clip it'll stop recording and start playing.

If this doesn't cut it because of some other specific requirements then all I can come up with is Max for Live, there's little which it can't do :P

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max5 / M4l and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan