your favorite live-act template

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
tundravisions

your favorite live-act template

Post by tundravisions » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:06 pm

just wondering how you guys have routed your liveset for doing live-acts.

i have got like 10 channels, 8 for sounds, and two that serve as aux's.

i've got:

ch1. kickdrum going straight to the master.

ch2. going to an aux with beatrepeater (i usually play snares on this)

ch3. going to an aux with beatrepeater (i usually play hats on this)

ch4. going to an aux with beatrepeater (i usually play perc on this)

ch5. going to an aux with beatrepeater (i usually play basslines on this)

ch6. going to an aux with simpledelay, reverb & autopanner (with on/off functions and dry/wet on all of them seperately)

ch7. going to an aux with simpledelay, reverb & autopanner (with on/off functions and dry/wet on all of them seperately)

ch8. going to an aux with simpledelay, reverb & autopanner (with on/off functions and dry/wet on all of them seperately)

ch9. aux
ch10. aux

plus i've got the Izotope Ozone 3 pumping on the master.

this is so far my most wicked setup! the amount of fuckingaround you can do this way is great, but not too much, and not too complicated.

how bout you! got any good tips/tricks?

ckluxen

Post by ckluxen » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:56 am

hi,

my head is really burning how to setup live, besides I`m using 2XBCR 20000 to edit effects or trigger clips.
But it just don`t work right if launching clips and I think its mathmatically inpossible to get it right to stay in rythm with everything.

My question: Do you arrange in arrangement view and add effects or how do you get variations harmonic and rythmical? I`m not in plastictechno, it`s deep groovestuff like tosca and that style, and it´s not that easy that everything changes at the same bar, I think it`s really inpossible to program it and seeing still on your controller what`s going on.

It`s getting confused cause feedback to controllers for communication don`t works right with follow actions. And it takes too much time to program scenes that way.

Do you mainly work in arrange view to get the song, besides marker select in arrange is quiet unflexible, caus you can`t select seperate loops,
thanx,
chris

djastroboy

Post by djastroboy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Mine's a weensy bit different:

Ch1: track playing music
Ch2: track playing music
Ch3: rack containing synth+efx to activate via human input device called "keyboard" which is fashioned after the acoustic "Piano" instrument.

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O