electro synth

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Bassilio

electro synth

Post by Bassilio » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:11 pm

newbie question...

can someone get at me and let me know how to make an electro synth similar to this...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =144868616
"Dewey Defeats Truman"

wollej

Post by wollej » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Do you have Operator or Automat installed?

Just start with two parallel oscillators: the first should produce a sawtooth, the second with a slightly detuned square-wave. The envelope should be a very short attack, short decay, medium sustain and short release. Apply a LP-filter to them and add a ping-pong delay to the synth with feedback and wet set to 30%.

Adjust the envelopes until it sounds good...
MBP 2ghz, Live 8, MOTU 828 MK2, , Novation BassStation & SuperNova II, Virus Rack, Fatar Studio 88, BCR-2000, KRK RP6

http://www.myspace.com/elektrowolle

Bassilio

Post by Bassilio » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:33 pm

hey thanks for the reply. we're both talking about the same synth right? (not the one in the beginning of the song, but the main electro synth that goes with the bass line when the beat drops.)

anyway...yes i do have operator. what are parallel operators (next to each other in the same track?) how do u set a short attack in an envelope (are u talking about the length of the envelope?)

i have a general idea of what ur saying, i guess i can always mess around, until i get the settings u prescribed.

thanks again
"Dewey Defeats Truman"

herke

Post by herke » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:38 pm

Sounds like an SH101, not sure how you do that with operator, im sure someone can fill you in :)

Lord Kahn

Post by Lord Kahn » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Bassilio wrote:anyway...yes i do have operator. what are parallel operators (next to each other in the same track?) how do u set a short attack in an envelope (are u talking about the length of the envelope?)

i have a general idea of what ur saying, i guess i can always mess around, until i get the settings u prescribed.
Try the lessons on Operator that're included with Live, they're very good, in-depth without being full of jargon. They should help you decode the instructions you just got.