How 2 DJ With Live

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
DJ Amit

How 2 DJ With Live

Post by DJ Amit » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:41 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to DJ with live please.

Thanx guys.[/quote]

stew

Post by stew » Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:05 pm

AnotherGuest

Post by AnotherGuest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:28 pm

I too would like to know exactly how to DJ with Live, especially being new to recording & DJing software.

I just installed Live 3.0.2 demo on OS X Jag and listened to the demo...nice, but how the heck to get something like that created is like rocket science to me right now.

I read the DJ tutorial twice and honestly, it didn't help me one bit to know how to start with the basics in using Live as DJ software. Screenshots and exact steps on completely setting up to do basic beatmixing would've been excellent.

I've tried Traktor and it's "ok" yet very straightforward to use for DJing unlike Live. However, Live has many other capabilities I've read that Traktor doesn't which is why I'm considering it.

Anyone else willing to write a better, step-by-step DJing tut? At this point, I'll even pay for a class on DJing with this software!

loveslap

dj with live: problems

Post by loveslap » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:43 am

i put a rather elaborate dj set together with live but once it got to a cerain point.. it refused to play or really do anything..

any ideas.. do i need more memory... is this a known bug? i'm an a g4 laptop running panther

thanks, charles spencer
loveslap recordings

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:08 am

Are you running the demo? It has a 30 minute lifespan...

-Alex