how to set-up mono input instead of stereo in Live

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
blesk

how to set-up mono input instead of stereo in Live

Post by blesk » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:03 am

8O Hi, I use Motu 828MKII. There are 2 MIC inputs refered to left or right channels, that makes Live recording only in one channel - left or right.

Do you know how to switch stereo input to mono to make my MIC recording to two channels? :?:

Thanks in advance
blesk
regards,
blesk
----
iMac G4, motu 828mkII

wee_malky

Post by wee_malky » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:00 pm

Hmmm, bit off-topic, never mind.

Select 'bus' icon on the bottom right hand of window and click on inputs. Deselect/Select the link icon (I can't remember which way round). Anyway you tell it's working when the levels on both indicators start moving and not just the one.

I think this is right.

wm.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:50 pm

Or you could use the Utility plugin to convert Stereo to Mono for the channel you have the live input on

hat

Post by hat » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:36 pm

I was wodndering about this last night as well. I was recording some live bass, going into input 5 on my Digi002R. The signal cam through nicely in Live, but only on the left channel. I went to the input buss window and deselected the 'link' button (so that from inputs 5-6, only 5 would come in), but that killed the signal and my inputs on the track went back to "Digi002 1L/2R". In essence, each time I click the link, it screws everything up and I get no sound. What should I do?