Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw Racks + Samples

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:31 am

Cheers for that arafel... two things to about that...

First... I should be getting kick backs from Elektron!! :lol:

Second... if you like those racks then you will go nuts with the real thing... truth is those racks are cool but don't do the real deal justice.

Ahh and one more thing... I've been so busy lately I haven't even turned my Machinedrum on 8O ... but now I'm feelin this bug too and feeling like I should get back into that beast and make some more samples fer all me ableton forum peeps.

intellijel

Re: Elektron MachineDrum SPS-1uw Racks + Samples

Post by intellijel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:46 pm

The racks and samples are great (thanks for doing this!)

BUT

Why did you record so many samples as panned stereo???

It is way better to have drum samples that are mono and can be panned appropriately or too have center placed stereo samples (that need to be stereo due to the way they were recorded or processed)

Any chance you will do another set but with center panned ones?

3rdordertrauma

Post by 3rdordertrauma » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Yeah I know... I went sort of crazy sampling this thing one day and just overlooked removing the pan settings when sampling. Or doing what I should have done in hind sight which was make them mono from the get go. Next time... :D

I won't be sampling that same set again as a lot of those sounds are long gone from the machine. However I have been sampling some new stuff and will announce it here on the forum when I upload.

You could always convert those samples to mono I guess. Maybe I will and re-upload, hell it would make the download half the size. 8O