BEST USB CONTROLLERS FOR ABLETON

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
SONIC IN LIVE ;)

BEST USB CONTROLLERS FOR ABLETON

Post by SONIC IN LIVE ;) » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:02 am

Hi guys,

I´m new into this, but Ableton is one software, which I defenetely want to work with.

But I need one Controller for real to get in touch with all those functions of ableton.

does anybody have some nice or maybe bad experiences with some controllers for that?

At the moment I found 2 different and I´m not sure which one is the better, becaus I also want it to work in reason !!

UC-33 evolution
Doepfer drehbank

thanX for your support.

beats and greets.

sonic

Re: BEST USB CONTROLLERS FOR ABLETON

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:11 pm

SONIC IN LIVE wrote:Hi guys,

At the moment I found 2 different and I´m not sure which one is the better, becaus I also want it to work in reason !!

UC-33 evolution
Doepfer drehbank

sonic
I can't comment on the Doepfer, but the UC-33 is simple, stable and effective. I don't use mine anymore cause I got a ReMote 25, but I would certainly use the UC-33 again otherwise!

L8er
Montrealbreaks

serotoninsteve

Post by serotoninsteve » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:55 pm

Hello, I have a uc 33 and a bitstreampro (well not usb, midi only) and it depends for what you like to use it!
I like the uc 33 more for producing, it has long faders and nice pushbuttons, but its knobs are hard plastic ones (if you find some rubber ones you can perhaps change them) but for my DJ use I like more my bitstream, it has short faders and rubber knobs but cheap plastic pushbuttons, but it rocks better in live performance!
The bitstream is shipped with a very performant configuration soft, you can configure almost everything!
There is big difference in price: the uc 33 costs about 200? and the bitstream about 600? shipped to Luxemburg.
They are working on a new version with a kind of D- beam controller at the moment, the old version is no more available.
Check out www.waveidea.com
If the new model comes out I will sell mine, so perhaps if somebody is interested?
Greetings! 8)

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:27 pm

if you can hold out til may, the new controllers from behringer certainly win the bang-for-buck category--I can't wait for the BCR-2000!!

Ryan

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:06 pm

the drehbank rocks. best $450 i've ever spent on music gear

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:39 pm

oops, I totally forgot my new favorite "toy"--the DM2 controller (pc only). Picked one up on ebay for $30, the midi translation software is free and as deep as it comes. I couldn't live without my DM2 now--it is a crucial part of my Live performances. You can make one knob or button perform an unlimited number of midi tasks. I hit one button at the end of a song and all send knobs, sliders, and pans return to their original postions--we're talking 60+ midi commands simultaneously, instantaneously. a godsend. And BY FAR the best $30-40 you'll EVER spend on a piece of musical gear. Name a better deal and I'll eat my DM2 (then buy another one).

Ryan

controler

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:40 am

www.grexultra.com THE BEST

mag

Re: controler

Post by mag » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:www.grexultra.com THE BEST
Have you used it ?
Mag

bensuthers

Post by bensuthers » Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:29 am

i enjoy korg microkontrol

bitmap

Post by bitmap » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:15 am

I too enjoy the microKontrol. knobs, sliders, keys, joystick, MPC-esque pads, and a plug for a foot pedal.
it's great.

gaspode

And...

Post by gaspode » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:49 am

The microkontrol also has midi out *and* in, where as some of the others only support midi out, which is kind of a bummer.

Personally I think the librarian for the microkontrol is a joke since as far as I can tell you can only save your settings, but not create new ones in the interface, but it is a great remote 25 alternative.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:53 pm

watch out for the M-Audio Keystation 88, a truly all-in-one solution and then some, dzamm. Se tjwett's post on the general forum for a picture...

Ryan

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:56 am

I'm going to rig one of these up for midi control.

Should be rockin.

gaspode

Yo

Post by gaspode » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:02 pm

That with some d-beam controllers would be poppin fresh! hehe

Re: controler

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:http://www.grexultra.com THE BEST
That thing looks amazing! 8O