Page 1 of 1
Beat making tutorials?
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:42 pm
I'm sick of static loops. Any good video or other tutorials out there on how to roll your own? Slice loops, rearrange come up with new grooves etc.?
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:44 pm
open up impulse and practice...
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:00 pm
heres a little zen tutorial
1. calm your mind, peace your soul
2. say aummanypadmehum 15 times
3. hear the groove inside of you
4. tap the skeleton of the groove on the tabletop with your fingers
5. hear the sound of the groove, decide with which instruments you will enflesh it
6. then go for these sounds. any way is fair - sampling, stretching, ripping off records, using libs, feeding thru fx - all that it takes to recreate what's deep inside of you
7. enter the NIRVANA
it works, no shit!
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:34 pm
You guys are a lot of help......
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:39 pm
man, i'm dead serious!
okay, i got the fun part too
check some of this guy's vids http://youtube.com/user/Stray411
should definitely get you started
i personally loved the "weekend project" session
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:56 pm
Thanks, that is helpful, although I'm on a Mac and using Live 5, but still it does provide some guidance. If you know of any more videos like that (I'll check out the rest of his stuff), post 'em here. Thanks again. Especially Live/Trigger Finger as I do own one of those......
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:15 pm
aha trigger finger, here's a tip, make a breakbeat with impulse, compress it, then set global quantization to 1/8, and map the beat launch to a pad, now start jamming with it....
now take same beat, copy it, shift over the starting marker (in warping), assgn it to another pad..... so on until can't think...
now start mangling.... oh and make an extra midi track to record the action and now you can use the mangled beats....
if that makes no sence, then sit down and play with impulse for weeks on end until you get some basic beats going