Minimal Gliltch sounds

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
bleepsnbreaks

Minimal Gliltch sounds

Post by bleepsnbreaks » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:28 am

Hi all,

Was looking for a little guidance from some of the guys who are producing minimal/glitch. I really love minimal but mostly produce more progressive stuff, i want to integrate some more elements of minimal into my sound and really love the clicky, glitchy stuff but have no idea how most people are doing it.

I can take a guess at some parts but was wondering if someone could give me a point in the right direction about creating those gorgeous clicky glitchy loops. Either some midi programmign tips or tips on synth programming to get the right kinds of sound, maybe even the kinds of filters/effects that people are using.

I know I could just use a loop but I prefer to make my own sounds, I have got some great ideas in my head but dont really know how to get them out properly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!
My Tracks on MySpace

Progressive Mix demo(not mixed in Live, mixed with CDJs)

17" Macbook pro 2.4 | Live 6 + Operator

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:06 am

1) reduced bit-rate on monophonic synth lines.
2) hand programmed 'beats'. Get in there and use your arrange page to it's fullest potential.
3) use your ears.

Well, it's a start...
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

geo

Post by geo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:39 pm

or if you are on windows get the DBlue Glitch plugin(free) and play away...Instant glitch.

Ruso

Post by Ruso » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:44 pm

dblue glitch is not what he's talking about.... he's talking about manually sculpted sounds.. dblue uses "standart" effects to produce glitch sound and its result always sounds the same... this is not what minimal is about.

My advice, learn samplers, learn them to their full potential which is a VERY big long and difficult task to learn... samplers aren't about triggering one shot samples or playing premade loops, they are about deconstructing a sample and sculpting it to its full potential....

go to my virb and download my free sample its full of glitch sounds... it's called Messing With Furby Samples http://virb.com/ruso