Collect All and Save function

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Fhlouz

Collect All and Save function

Post by Fhlouz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:40 am

I mean how does it work? it suppose to collect all my samples into project folder? when i push that button it dosent :oops: , help!!!

Nikos T

Post by Nikos T » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:54 am

For me it throws everything into one folder, so I have a SHIT TON of samples in Ableton\Samples\Imported.

For someone I know, when he collected and saved it created a project folder. There may be an option for that, but I haven't found it.

Fhlouz

Post by Fhlouz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:29 am

will it leave a copy of a actual file in the folder where it took the file? or will it collect the original sample?

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:47 am

It makes another copy.

To avoid duplicates, there's always the option to point Live to that sample in another location other than the copy in the "Samples" folder.

Use the hot swap menu to direct Live to the new (or old) location for that specific sample. (read carefully the small section of the manual on hot swap) Then you can delete the copy of the sample in the project's "Samples" folder. :wink:

axloz

Post by axloz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:13 am

Mine puts it all into a project folder. I also find that doing this somehow makes it use a lot more cpu power and I get some 'clicks' when i replay the recording or if I layer another track... Can anyone explain why it does this..?

sxezskoz

Re: Collect All and Save function

Post by sxezskoz » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:13 am

Fhlouz wrote:I mean how does it work? it suppose to collect all my samples into project folder? when i push that button it dosent :oops: , help!!!
personally i save my projects outside of the Live program folder, which is by default the Library. when you save sets outside of the library, folders with special icons called Projects are created. when you click collect all and save while in a set that is in one of those outside of the library project folders, the samples it was pointing at that were originally in the Live program folder (aka the Library) are copied into the respective Project folder. it's good for organizing your projects, especially if you are dealing with external hard drives.
SXEZSKOZ.com
Jumping higher and living forever since '84.
myspace + facebook + twitter