Tech 21 Midi Moose pedal

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
peasywease

Tech 21 Midi Moose pedal

Post by peasywease » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:31 am

Hey everyone,
I just got a midi pedal for Christmas and I can't figure it out how to program it for the life of me. It's a Tech 21 Midi Moose. I connected it to my computer using my M-Audio Midisport Uno 1x1 midi interface. When I enter 'Midi Map" mode on Live, I select a function, then hit the pedal button I want it to correspond to. A little symbol appears next to that function, but in the Midi Mappings list on the left, it says "Pitchbend" under the note/control column. If I try to use a different button on the pedal, the same thing happens, and it seems like the program doesn't even recognize that I am hitting two seperate buttons. Then again, I might be wrong, because I am very confused.

If anything I said above doesn't make sense please tell me.

And if you have any helpful information I would be very appreciative to hear it!!

Thanks!

callmehi

Post by callmehi » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:49 pm

im sorry if this comes off sounding condescending, its not meant to be. i just dont know your knowlege level.

the midi moose only sends "midi program change" information, and ableton will only use "midi note change" information, or "midi cc" information to trigger clips.

i have this pedal, and use it with ableton very reliably. your solution depends on your computer's platform. all you have to do is get a program to convert the program change info to note change info. if mac, midi pipe. if pc, bomes. find a free midi monitor (program) so that you can see what is happening when you step on the pedal.

then use the "one pedal looper" tip (found as a heading in the forum, i think) to set up a looper template, and youre in business (if a looper is what you want).

so which is it, mac or pc?

let me know if you have any other problems, or questions.
good luck!

peasywease

Post by peasywease » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:05 pm

thank you so much for the response!!! I understand much better now.

It's a PC btw.

Samsonality

Re: Tech 21 Midi Moose pedal

Post by Samsonality » Mon May 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I F%cking love you Callmehl. Worked like a charm!!!

Creativemedia

Re: Tech 21 Midi Moose pedal

Post by Creativemedia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am

Hey I have the same setup with Focusrite interface. I have been trying to create a pipe in midipipe but I am still only getting Pitch Bend messages
in ableton. Please help