axiom 25 and ableton

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
bcbbanga4l

axiom 25 and ableton

Post by bcbbanga4l » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:01 am

i need help please..

Everythings hooked up right for the ableton and axiom 25 to be used together but when i press the keys theres a huge gap between me hitting the key and a sound coming out of the pc can someone help?

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am

Check your buffer settings in the preferences. It's under the audio tab.

The higher the buffer setting, the higher the latency.

Did you check out any of the Live lessons or the Axiom Livepack on the Ableton site downloads?

Here's a vid with basic Axiom setup tips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGga1PAEJ-g

Good places to start.

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:44 am

Thanks man i appreciate that alot

wait i did try that i couldnt figure it out...

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:53 am

So is it working now?

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:03 am

that video is awesome did u do it? well i lowered teh latency all the way 256 but theres still a delay im going follow the video

before i watch the video im gonna watch anyway but will it help me with the latency problem or should i do something else first?

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:52 am

i got good info but i have to fix this latency problem before i can do what the video says and i have to figure out how to get to program 18 on my axiom i bought this at guitar center but i dont have the manual it didnt come with it

Well i was able to use program 18 to play and stop the live but i cant use my pads.. i can use them with any other intstrument but not impulse... now in the video he says preset 18 will work with impulse thats the same as prgram 18 right?

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Yes, preset 18 will control the pads. Hit the recall button on the Axiom and then use the plus arrows to call up 18 on the blue screen. It will flash once or twice and then set.

Put an impulse in a track, make sure you use a preset so there are samples, hit the rec arm button and you should be able to hear the sounds. If that doesn't work try 19.

As far as the manual goes, there is a .pdf file that you can download at M-Audio.com. I think it's in the resources section? Just poke around.

Aside from a "Getting Started" guide, the full manual does not ship with the Axioms.

What are the specs of your computer, your interface, how your devices are connected, etc?

blingstef

Post by blingstef » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:10 pm

if preset 18 doesn't work because u messed up the factory preset (like i did once on my axiom 49) or save ur preset on it use the preset 20; if this one is f*** up too, u can use enigma to restore factory presets on both presets. u can find enigma here: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Enigma-main.html, ur pads should work after that .
and for the manual u can find the manual of ur axiom here: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... anguage=en....
just switch 'en' to 'fr' if u want it in french.
kickiest kicks with the snariest snares
http://www.dsidemusic.com,
m-audio axiom49, ableton live 7.0.12, m-audio projectmix I/O.

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:41 pm

i did have the manual searched for it. my set up isnt really a set up yet cause im moving soon by then i will have most of what i need like monitors and mic only thing i got now is the axiom, fl,ableton, trigger finger, my pc some pc speakers i did get the keyboard to play right but im still having problems with the latency my device is connected straight usb

finbone

SOMEBODY HELP

Post by finbone » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:05 am

hi i got the free update for ableton. I have live lite 5 and I got the serial number for the enhanced edition update but I dont know how to use the serial number to upgrade my ableton. Ive gone to OPtions>Preferences>Products but I dont know what product to chose. I thought maybe it was maybe "live lite to full version upgrade" but i didnt have the right serial number for that. You see Im trying to set up ableton with my axiom 25 for the first time, I installed the software correctly i think but maybe not, nothing popped up when it was done installing. HOw do I use my Axiom 25 with ableton? No sound comes out when I touch the touch the keys, it may be a simple mistake Im doing because I dont knmow these kinds of programs very well. PLease help!

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:07 am

from what i know u should have the keyboard on before live starts up. Then go to preferences and midi tab and select your axiom 25 and then turn input on and remote on.

leonardrock

Post by leonardrock » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Finbone, welcome to the party.

Read this thread carefully from top to bottom and do everything it says, watch the video link I provided, do what that says, download the Axiom manual from M-Audio, do what that says. With these three basic sources of info, you should be up and running. Although highly unlikely that this won't work, post again if you're having trouble.

As far as the Live Lite upgrade, I believe you have Live Lite M-Audio Enhanced Edition. Check the packaging. If it is, then you are still running a Lite version. Back up your projects, uninstall Live Lite 5 and then do a fresh install of the new version.

finbone

no sound

Post by finbone » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:23 am

I'm downloading ableton live 6, gonna uninstall ableton live lite 5, but will this fix my no sound problem? when I press a key, the incoming midi button flashes green in the top right corner but no sound comes out of anything...

finbone

Post by finbone » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:25 am

got live 6, same problem, right now I'm only trying to play the keyboard and hear it on the computer! In options>preferences>MiDI/Sync what are the outputs and inputs I want?im on preset 18 and when i press a button on the axiom the midi in button will blink green. help!

bcbbanga4l

Post by bcbbanga4l » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 pm

ther outputs and inputs should be your axiom. for example mine is a 25 key so thats the option i picked.