Trigger Finger pitch-bending question.

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
basscheck

Trigger Finger pitch-bending question.

Post by basscheck » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to play a note with Trigger Finger and pitch bend with the aftertouch of the same pad. If I go to MIDI-map that pad, it stops tranmitting note messages. I've tried to find how to do this in Enigma but as the name suggests, its not easy to decipher.
Anyone?
MacBook 2.2GHZ 2GB, Live 6, Trigger Finger

Bierman

Post by Bierman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:20 pm

well that actual triger finger manual might help, you can dload it from the m-audio website.

I've got a trigger finger as well and I know what you mean bout Enigma!

mo-seph

Post by mo-seph » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 am

I've got a trigger finger; it's quite happy to transmit CCs and pitch bend as well as notes. In Enigma, you need to set the Note part of the pad to a note, and the cc section to something else (enigma is a ridiculously unfriendly piece of software to be releasing. It belongs in 1980 ;) ). Each pad has 3 options you can set, so you want to double click on the note section, set it to a note, then double click on the CC section, and set that to a controller.

You have to make sure in ableton that it learns the controller when you map it, and not the note - it may be easiest to assign another knob to the same controller and use that for learning.

Finally, if you're using Impulse, I found that lots of the parameters don't change over the course of a note (which of course sucks for aftertouch)

Good luck!

basscheck

Post by basscheck » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks mo-seph. Your response got me thinking and I realised I'd assigned notes to pads but then forgot to assign CC channels. They were all OFF! Now I'm in bending heaven.
Cheers.
MacBook 2.2GHZ 2GB, Live 6, Trigger Finger