customize automapping

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
marue

customize automapping

Post by marue » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Since new live 7 has interesting instruments, i want to use them. But the way my midi-controller is automapped seems not very productive to me. When i try to press an interesting sound out of Analog, i don't need control over the channels and viceversa. But i do not want to do a custom midi-mapping, which changes from file to file, i want to change the automapping, in a way that every time i click an instance of Analog / Electric / WhatEverDeviceIClickOn Live calls not the automapping delivered from Berlin, but mine.

I already found out, that this should be possible by using userscripts for automated midi mapping. But i can't find out, how that textfile should look like if i want it to do what i want. it seems extremely complicated to me. I know remote maps from reason, where they are clearly structured and where you can see all the presets and use them as a template. The Ableton Template seems pretty useless to me.

Does anybody know, if there is a tutorial / list of commands / usefull template that i could use?

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 am

as far as i know this is only possible with macros, but then you're limited to eight controls at a time.

marue

Post by marue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:39 am

ok, this is exactly what i want to skip - i have a controller with 32 knobs and i want to use all of them.

maybe this should be a feature request - having a remote protocoll like in reason, where everybody can edit the automated mappings? or is it allready possible - but how?