Uc33e problem

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
utkudalmaz

Uc33e problem

Post by utkudalmaz » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi

I have just bought uc33 e controller , but the problem is i cant assign anything. it was assigned by itself and i can not change any control. How can i reset all assignments ??

Thanks

utkudalmaz

Post by utkudalmaz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:34 pm

isnt there anyone who know how to use this machinee??? pls i need help

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:52 pm

I don't have one, but RTFM and then come back and ask.
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

tadx

Post by tadx » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:52 pm

have you tried this ?? 8O

utkudalmaz

Post by utkudalmaz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm

anyway thanks but i dont use it with live anymore , im gonna buy ozonic

livelife

Post by livelife » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:50 pm

before booting ableton make sure your controller is connected twist a few nobs then boot. maybe click the midi so all the midi settings come up in the browser delete them all. hit program 3 or 4 on your controller?

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi just got my UC33e and was playing with it last night and came across these problems:

1. TAKE OVER MODE - Doesnt' work? It only works once (for one template change) after going into preferences, but after that it stops working when changing templates. if I go back to preferences, select the take over mode and close the window it works again for only one time. Any ideas? Seems weird. By the way I tried every combination of selecting uc33e as control surface, input ports, output ports, track input/outputs ON, and REMOTE'S all ON.

2. I cannot assign any knobs to any external au instruments? I can assign the knobs/faders to anyting in Ableton, but au plugins are not detecting anything? Could it be I need to edit something in Enigma? (can you tell me what midi info?)

3. The assignable buttons on the uc33e are all sending the same midi message to Ableton, so it's as if all of them were just one button. What midi info do I need to change in Enigma for them to be recognized as different and individual buttons? LSB? MSB? etc... ?

By the way I'm just trying to have 4 plain/empty templates, so I can midi learn manually everything in my liveset (not automapping or mackie control, etc).

I simply started with the empty 'global user template' that came as default (the last template I think it was), and copied it 4 times as the first 4 templates (to have acces to them quick with the 4 buttons at the top). I simply changed the midi channel in each one so messages wouldn't overlap, but I'm having the above mentioned problems and don't know exactly what to edit in Enigma to fix it.

Thanks a lot!

PS. What trick did you use to make the rotaries position more obvious under low light? Maybe liquid paper on the triangles?

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:07 pm

By the way about the software takeover mode, I searched the forum and apparently everyone has this problem with the uc33e. Is there really no fix? 8O :evil:

diego vega

Post by diego vega » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:11 pm

anyone interested in this discussion follow here please:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 541#667541