ok...nut funny now. How does this uc33e POS work?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
burgeamon

ok...nut funny now. How does this uc33e POS work?

Post by burgeamon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Connected to Usb check.
Open ableton and set up preferences check.
Receiving midi light flashing check.

Get any of the faders to move at all? Assign faders and knows to do certain things?

I've been through the manual several times, pressed the exact buttons it says. I've had preset 21 work ONCE but how the frack i got it working I don't know.

Is it meant to be this hard or am i being a spaz?

randrohe

Post by randrohe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 pm

I personally had a tough time w/ the enigma software on my Ozonic. But you can go the route of using midi mapping. top right corner of live, press the midi button and areas of the screen will turn blue. now click on track fader one, for instance, and move the corresponding fader on the uc-33. do this on each thing you want to map controls to. you have to exit the midi map,(hitting the midi button again) and then it should work for you. Save this as template, as in , when you open up this set, before you record into it, do a "save as" w/ a different name. by the way, I don't believe the faders on the uc-33 are motorized, so you won't actually see them moving..

burgeamon

Post by burgeamon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 pm

i must not have it set up properly as i've gone to midi map, clicked a fader for example, moved the fader....and nothing.

am receving midi signal though

nathan DODD

Post by nathan DODD » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:27 am

Did you go to pref's - Midi - and click on "remote" ? I forgot to enable that the first time i setup and i was loosing my mind.

burgeamon

Post by burgeamon » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:39 am

It turned out to be some setting in ableton. Not the remote thing as I had that selected, but after some messing about with which usb port to use and stuff I finally got it working....and then it was cake.

Thx for the replies guys