triggerfinger to launch clips

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
som[e]

triggerfinger to launch clips

Post by som[e] » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 am

Hey all,
I just bought a trigger finger and love it so far. it's working great with impulse, but it's acting odd when I try to use the pads to launch clips or toggle effects. Whenever they activate something i get a percussion sound along with it. different sounds for different pads. it's only if the pad is assigned to something, even if it's assigned to something like track on/off. i can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. thanks all.
--som[e]

pepethehepe

Post by pepethehepe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:38 am

I guess yould have to change the bank presets in enigma. You should change the Parameters of the Pads Note to OFF or Note off/on

som[e]

Post by som[e] » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:44 pm

thanks. i looked at enigma and can't seem to change the parameter value of any of the pads. i tried the help file but it says it's incompatible with vista (the help file, not trigger finger or enigma).

pip

Percussive sounds when triggering clips

Post by pip » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:12 am

Go into Ableton's preferences and look at your midi devices. Under outputs, see if "Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth" is on, or any other device that looks like a softsynth. Disable it in the "Remote" column, or disable it entirely if you don't plan on using it.